Friday, July 26, 2013

Booze Booze Everywhere, Not A Scotch To Sniff

Sheer awkwardness and helplessness can overwhelm you so badly during certain situations. I recently went through such an experience. Me and my relatives went to this Pub where everybody was allowed to drink but me, and this was due to me being the youngest of them all.

I was too devastated than frustrated to an ocean of booze all around, and not being able to take just a pint or two out of the shore myself. I got so pissed that I sat in my place and did not talk to anyone. My father noticed me and began his unrelenting ordeal to make small talk with me. Just to figure out what was going on in my mind.

Excerpts from that talk.


What I wanted to say

Dad : " Why aren't you saying anything?"
Me : " I am not saying anything because I so very badly wanna do something else with my mouth."
After a little while.

Dad :" Don't be bored. We are here for a very "short" stay. Atleast you should enjoy."
Me : "What? Did you say shot? I am up for one."

Dad : " Is anything bothering you?"
Me : " No dad, it's everything that is bothering me and what bothers me the most is that you have had your 3 large and I cannot even sniff my  regular scotch."

Dad : " Eat properly, do you not like the food."
Me : " My throat is really dry dad,it's choking, can I order a drink to wet it a little? Maybe then the food will slide down my throat !"

My dad telling other guests,
Dad : " My son is a very fun loving person, but he takes some time to open up."
Me : " Yeah dad, just let me order one little one and I swear that I won't require a single second to open up."


What I really said


Dad : " Why aren't you saying anything?"
Me : " Got this really important mail to send." I said while playing temple run 2 in my phone.

After a little while.
Dad : " Don't be bored. We are here for a very "short" stay. Atleast you should enjoy."
Me : " I am enjoying dad just don't feel like saying much." I said crossing 5000 metres.

Dad : " Is anything bothering you?"
Me : " Nothing dad, just don't feel like talking."

Dad : " Eat properly, do you not like the food."
Me : " Had too much in evening snacks. I feel so full."

My dad telling other guests,
Dad : " My son is a very fun loving person, but he takes some time to open up."
I let go of this comment with a smile in my face.


**Sighh**

No comments:

Post a Comment